- Keep your routine simple. If it's too complicated or takes too long chances are you'll either miss steps, cut corners or just won't do it at all. Find a natural skincare range that's easy to use, has multi function products and won't cost an arm and a leg. That way you'll be happy to use it generously and not skimp because of cost.
- Declutter you're skin care. As much as it might hurt, you need to ditch the stuff you don't use. All the serums, under eye creams, primers, weird potions and 20 step programs you need instructions to use are useless if your not using them. And keeping it will just have you feeling guilty about wasted money and won't motivate to do your skincare routine regularly. So do a Marie Kondo and be ruthless! If you feel bad about chucking it out, give it to someone who would use it.
- Get rid of anything out of date or has been open longer than 6 months. The general rule with opened cosmetics is that they have a use by date of 3 to 6 months. The reason is once opened bacteria can get in and proliferate. It may look and smell fine but it won't be good for your skin. Also active ingredients start to lose their effectiveness once the container is opened. Just like veggies, the nutritional value declines as soon as it's picked.
- Change your pillow slip often if you have skin prone to blemishes. Try changing it every couple days to reduce the amount of bacterial build-up on your pillow which can then cause more acne and pimples by reinfecting your skin.
- Look at your water intake. A good way of increasing your water intake is have a glass as soon as you get up in the morning. We all know we should drink more water but your skin will really appreciate it.
- Drink green tea. The anti inflammatory properties will help if you are prone to redness and it also helps against the breakdown of collagen in the skin which leads to wrinkles and premature ageing.
Back to Blog - This is Our Truth